Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fun stuff this week

My son and I attended the Summer Reading Program kickoff at the library this morning, only for me to realize that I'd forgotten my camera. So, I'm not able to show the tremendous turnout, and the great fun everyone had making tie-dyed t-shirts on the lawn. My apologies. The good news is that if you missed out today, they will be hosting another tie-dyed t-shirt making party on Friday morning (June 12) at 11:00 am. The library provides all the supplies, so kids three and up can just show up and ..... "Get Creative." (That's the theme of this summer's reading program.)

Also, Books on Broadway has expanded their story time hours for the summer. They will offer a story time every Monday at 10:30 am, and the second through last Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm. What a treat! I also noticed their lovely new website- be sure to check it out.

Last but certainly not least, it's time once again for the Second Saturday Music event. From 5:00-8:00 pm on Saturday the 13th, downtown businesses will be open, and horse and carriage rides and concessions will also be available. At 7:30, there will be a free concert at the Twin Springs Park Gazebo, featuring Cathy Barton and Dave Para. Be sure to bring lawn chairs and blankets (and a small donation if you are so inclined.)

No comments:

Post a Comment