Saturday, March 12, 2011

Quilts and Lunch

Does anyone remember back to the days when Sager Creek Quilts and Yarnworks used to serve lunch?  I sure do!  And every so often my mouth waters for some a bowl of their soup and a plate of salad followed by a delicious cocoa roll smothered in whipped cream. YUM!  My mouth is watering...

Anyway, the other day I was looking around on the quilt shop's website, and I happened to notice two little words on the class schedule: lunch provided.  Having never taken a class, I'm not sure what that means exactly.  But I'm wondering if signing up for a class might allow me another taste of that delicious creamy dill dressing sitting atop a piece of crisp lettuce or tomato...  Who knows, but I'm planning on finding out!

There are lots of classes listed on the website's calendar (Click on the quilt shop's link in the Downtown Business section on the right).  Here's one that interested me:
*POINTS OF PRIDE (New York Beauty): 
 Photo courtesy Sager Creek Quilts and Yarnworks
The class is taught by Pam on Saturday, March 19
It's an all Day class – 10:00-3:00
the cost: $30.00 and Lunch is provided
Pam will be teaching you the basics of “freezer-paper piecing” to make this simple New York Beauty style block.  Just 4 blocks will make a great table topper or wall quilt,  or make enough blocks for a beautiful bed sized quilt.  Call for reservations and more information.  

Hum...if you make it to a class before I do, please let me know just what "lunch provided" means. Until then, my fingers are crossed!
--Karyn

2 comments:

  1. You didn't post a link to their site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Lunch provided" means Cliff chooses something from his Tea Room cookbook and makes it for the class! Such a grand time of the day! He'll provide one main course, sometimes a salad if the course calls for it, and a choice between 2 desserts. Yum!

    Joy (I've taken many classes and loved them!)

    ReplyDelete