Thursday, August 13, 2009

What's cookin' at the Farmer's Market

I had a delightful time visiting the Farmer's Market Thursday morning, and I thought I'd share a recipe that incorporates red & yellow (or Roma) tomatoes, jalapenos, onions and cilantro, all purchased from our local farmers.


Fresh Mango Salsa
1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 green jalapeno, halved lengthwise, seeded and minced
1 large mango, peeled and diced
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/4 teaspoon finely minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Combine all ingredients and serve with chips. It tastes even better the second day.


Don't forget to visit the Farmer's Market each Tuesday and Thursday from 8-1 at the corner of University and Mt. Olive.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks delicious. I'll have to try that! Thanks for sharing Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can promise that this is WONDERFUL!!! I could eat this salsa for every meal. It's worth a try!

    ReplyDelete