Saturday, October 13, 2012

Gardening 101

Here's some information about an upcoming event taking place Downtown.
(Info copied from here.)

Gardening 101 Workshop
Saturday, October 20th, 9:00 am to 12 noon

Siloam Springs Parks & Recreation will be sponsoring another Gardening Workshop at our Community Building at 110 N Mt Olive in the historic downtown. Dawn Denton, owner of Gardens by You & Me, has arranged our fall workshop again this year with three speakers:  Jacob Hart, Susie Gilbert, and Doug Yoho.  Jacob Hart of NWA Plants, Inc., will speak on “What Plants Survived our Summer”.  Susie Gilbert’s topic will be “Iris I knew how to grow bulbs”.  Susie will have a demonstration on care and planting of bulbs.  Doug Yoho from the University of Arkansas Poultry Science Division, will be speaking on “Backyard Birds and Small Flock Owners.”    Door prizes will be awarded and refreshments will be served.  No registration is needed for this free event.  For more information, contact the Parks & Recreation office at 479 524-5779.

I think iris are pretty, and I've considered getting a few chickens...
I think I'll put this date on my calender and plan to attend!

I'll see you Downtown!
--Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment