Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween!


I think we'd all agree that today's downtown Trick or Trick event was pretty awesome. The weather was absolutely perfect, and the games, music and attractions in Twin Springs Park (new this year) made for a really special event. And did you get a chance to meet downtown's new mascot, the Main Street Moose? He was passing out a super special treat-the Holiday 2009 coupon card, good for 10% off at each of a long list of downtown merchants. If you didn't get yours yet, you can get one at participating businesses. I used mine once already, at Books on Broadway. Fun!

I'll never forget my very first downtown Trick or Treat. It was in 2001, and I had just moved to a house near the downtown area. Although I didn't have any children at the time, I really wanted to stroll downtown to see what it was all about. I remember standing in the middle of the street, watching the line of happy families, and that year they were piping in music that sounded a bit Danny Elfman-ish. The overall effect made me feel like I was on a movie set, with the perfect small town scene being depicted. I loved it!

My second favorite downtown trick or treat year was 2004. I worked downtown at the time, and absolutely loved the chance to hand out candy. It was a blast seeing all of the great costumes and happy kids. I think we ran out of candy several times, and had to run to the store for more, but that was a really fun year.

More recently, I've thoroughly enjoyed taking my son trick or treating downtown. Thank you to all of the businesses that provide such an enjoyable and safe Halloween activity for the town year after year, and to the Main Street Organization for putting it on. Here are some fun moments from today:






1 comment: